Pages

My Fun PHP Moment

A few weeks back I was at this website called "html.net", that was the website where I learned XHTML and CSS. After I had finalized CSS and XHTML I felt certain and equipped to begin the following step, learn PHP.

I thought it could be as straightforward as XHTML and CSS but I was wrong. It's a totally different thing! on the third or fourth part of the PHP exercise I was jumbled and disturbed. They revealed to me the "date" function which held various numbers and letters that I just didn't understand!. I tried to do it but it was just too hard!. I felt miserable because I couldn't do such an easy thing, it was only lesson 4, imagine how much I would struggle on higher lessons. I decided to take a break for a few days. About a week later, I decided to finish the PHP tutorials!, I couldn't let myself down, not again, I needed to complete this, I had too! I started to concentrate, I was prepared to study, I wasn't going to let anything distract me (this was the primary roadblock, I typically get distracted from things like games or videos from the tabs that are open. Sometimes when I'm studying something important, I look up something on Google to research it but when I'm on the website I find some other interesting stuff and when I check the clock... I see that I was there for hours!) So..I sat down on my seat, opened up Google chrome (the best browser) and then searched up "Html.net". I instantly went to the PHP exercises, I closed all my different tabs so I wouldn't get distracted, my only open tab was: "Lesson 4: Working with time and dates";


I perused all the content, I focused, I didn't avoid or skipped a word. A few moments later... everything was simple, nothing was distracting me. After I knew how to utilize the date functions, I utilized it to see what weekday I was born in, and it turns out I was born in a Sunday! I got excited, maybe a bit too much but come on! This was a thing I was struggling on! I asked my brother what date he was born in and he was born on a Friday! Ahh, it feels so good to complete something that you started, specially when it's something really important. You see, I want to become a WordPress developer and to do this I first need to learn all these languages. I'm off to my next adventure! I will write back if I ever finish all the lessons! Don't worry, it won't take too long! (hopefully)

If you liked this article and you want to read more interesting stuff then you can go to my blog at jhonnunez.com


No comments:

Post a Comment